Investment Approval Authority
1. Investment competent authorities (Development and Reform Commission at provincial and city level) are responsible for approving the project application report with foreign investment.
2. Commerce (foreign trade and economic cooperation) competent authorities(Ministry of Commerce at provincial and city levels) are responsible for examining the approved contracts and articles of association on foreign investment, obtaining the certificate of approval and conducting the alternation.
3 .The industry and commerce administration departments (provincial and municipal administration for industry and commerce) are responsible for the name checking, registration and business license gaining of foreign-funded enterprises.
Investment Power to Approve and Examine
1. The encouraged and/or permitted projects with total investment over USD 100 million and limited projects with total investment over USD 50 million shall be subject to approval by the department authorized by the State Council.
2. The encouraged and/or permitted foreign-funded projects with total investment from USD 10 million to 100 million and limited projects shall be subject to approval by provincial competent authority.
3. The encouraged and/or permitted foreign-funded projects with total investment less than USD 10 million shall be subject to approval by municipal competent authority.